Website Accessibility Policy
It is the policy of Lamar State College - Port Arthur that all official
information published on College websites shall be accessible to all users.
The College must comply with the Texas Administrative Code 206.70 Accessibility
Standard, and therefore all web pages containing official College information
that are created, updated, or revised after the effective date of this policy must
comply with the TAC 206.70 standards.
TAC 206.70 establishes only a minimum
standard for accessibility and web pages; developers are encouraged to go
beyond the minimum whenever possible.
As Lamar State College - Port Arthur is
committed to making its websites accessible to all users. We have included
several features designed to improve accessibility for users with disabilities.
Some of these features are described below:
- As part of our current remediation plan for 2009, the College will provide a "text-only" option with hidden link for screen readers to bypass unfriendly pages and allow easy navigation to a sitemap.
- Images on the site contain 'alt tags' with descriptions of the image, which aid users who listen to the content of the site by using a screen reader, rather than reading the site. Text transcripts accompany audio clips of speeches and remarks.
- Where applicable, a 'skip to' link provides users with a method for bypassing the header and going directly to the main content each time a page is accessed.
- Major reports and other special publications that are made available on the agency's website are generally available in html. In some cases we may publish a document using Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
- To improve the accessibility of our website we test any major redesign with several screen readers and other web tools. The results of these reviews have been incorporated into the website. Lamar State College - Port Arthur welcomes comments on how to improve the site's accessibility for users with disabilities.
Lamar State College - Port Arthur is committed to making its websites compliant with Conformance Level "A" of the World Wide Web Consortium
If you use assistive technology and the format of any material on our websites interfere with your ability to access the information, please use the following point(s) of contact for assistance.
To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address of the requested material, and your contact information.
The primary contact for Lamar State College - Port Arthur is the Special Populations/Disability Coordinator
Additional information about accessibility programs in Texas is available from the Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities